Stock Transportation statement on Toronto school bus matter: “We value our drivers and have made a competitive offer; we remain optimistic about reaching an agreement as talks continue. Our drivers themselves have said they do not want to go on strike. We all need to keep working toward a settlement. The good news is that we have been able to agree on many points in our discussions. We are optimistic our drivers will show goodwill while we continue to bargain in good faith. For the latest information, please visit the website of the Toronto District School Board at http://www.tdsb.on.ca.”
Stock Transportation is a full service student transportation provider with decades of experience providing quality school bus transportation. Along with our sister company in the United States, Durham School Services, we have teams of experts in every area of student transportation spread across North America.
Stock Transportation is proud to offer the following benefits to our school board partners:
- A pledge to teach students and parents about school bus safety, with On the Journey of Learning educational programs for children from primary to grade eight;
- A comprehensive driver training program, which provides new school bus drivers with at least 80 hours of training in their first year of employment;
- An impressive safety record and uncompromising dedication to safety in everything we do;
- A first class preventive and predictive maintenance system;
- A history of maintaining excellent employee relations;
- A commitment to ongoing and consistent communication with school board and consortia administrators and Stock management teams; and,
- An outstanding record of successfully converting in-house transportation programs to outsourced services.
Communication has always been a critical element "On the Journey of Learning" at Stock Transportation. Our website is a dynamic source to communicate with the parents, students, and school districts we serve and those school districts that may be interested in the services of Stock Transportation.